There’s something magical about log cabin vacations. The fresh air. The novelty of a new place. Connecting with others around a campfire. It’s how great memories are made.
And, science tells us that a healthy dose of the great outdoors is just plain good for the body and mind, even if you’re not a devout nature lover. A weekend in the woods might be just what you need to nurture family bonds, rekindle a romance, or strengthen friendships.
There are so many fun things to do in a cabin, whether you’re planning a trip with your best pals or your significant other. Keep reading for fun ideas.
Whether you and your significant other live for adrenaline-filled adventures or if cuddling by the fire is more your style, a cabin vacation is the perfect romantic getaway. Here are some activities to make the sparks fly on your next trip.
- Cook a meal together
- Gaze at the stars
- Go canoeing
- Take a relaxing hot tub soak
- Read to each other
- Cycle around town
- Go for a midnight swim
- Watch the sunrise/sunset
- Let loose to your favorite music
A cabin getaway is the quintessential family vacation. After a long school year, most kids are practically bursting at the seams with excess energy. Try these cabin trip activities to keep everyone in the family engaged.
- Go on a family-friendly hike
- Have a crafts-making day
- Birdwatch from the deck or porch
- Have a s’mores party
- Tell ghost stories around the campfire
- Have a water balloon fight
- Go inner tubing or water skiing
- Play board games
Trips with friends can be some of the most memorable. Pairing up with your best pals for a weekend (or weeklong) getaway is a great way to strengthen bonds. Here are some ideas for an unforgettable friendcation.
- Dance to your favorite tunes
- Snap some Instagram shots
- Reminisce around the campfire
- Play board games (with cocktails!)
- Get outdoors—rafting, cycling, boating, etc.
- Do team-building exercises
- Have a wine and cheese party
Build Your Own Vacation Cabin with eLoghomes
Our log home kits streamline the home-building process by eliminating the need to hire an architect. Since our floorplans have already been expertly designed and engineered, your builder or general contractor can get to work even faster constructing your log cabin home.